top of page
BLUEBIRD POTTERY SHED
Bluebird Pottery Shed is in the Suffolk village of Sudbourne, on the Sudbourne Park Estate. An artisan ceramic studio offering classes in a well equipped work space. Anyone from total beginners, to those with experience can sign up to classes and receive as much or as little tuition as they want.
The maximum class size is 4 people per 3 hour session.
We strongly recommend that those with limited experience in working with clay, join an Induction session initially. We recommend you sign up to at least 5 sessions in order to achieve fully finished and glazed ceramic sculptures or pots
Orford Lighthouse - sadly demolished in August 2020 as it was falling into the sea
The pottery is in a refurbished stable - part of the old Blacksmith's Forge in Sudbourne Park Estate
Children's classes by special arrangement
We have a wide selection of plaster moulds to create easy but impressive pots
we normally have 6 sessions per week, as follows:
Wednesday: 2pm to 5pm
Thursday: 10am to 1pm, then
2pm to 5pm
Friday: 10am to 1pm, then 2pm to 5pm
Saturday: 10am to 1pm
Other additional sessions can be
arranged if required.
Each session costs £35 for 3 hours
We suggest you book a series of 5 sessions to see your pots through from inception to final glaze firing
How to find us:
From the A12, take the turning to ORFORD (A1152). Follow the road through Melton, over the railway, to a small roundabout, take the first exit (B1084), continuing toward Orford. Drive straight, don't turn off, through Rendlesham Forest , Butley and Chillesford 'til you reach a junction (5 ways). Sudbourne Park is on the right. Follow the drive through to the Blacksmiths Forge.
The nearest Station is Melton (Suffolk) which is on the East Suffolk Line - a small branch-line from Ipswich (trains leave London Liverpool Street to Ipswich approximately every half hour, and take about 70 minutes).
From Melton station we are about 7 miles by road, no buses, so take a taxi.
The best Taxi is Robert 01394-459447
Contact us to make a booking or for more information
01394 - 450532 (during class times)
or e mail: email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
1. Please make payment by cheque or bank transfer when you book. We will then send you a confirmation of your booking
2. Cancellations must be made 14 days before the day being cancelled . If made more than 14 days before we will refund you. We reserve the right to not refund if cancelling less than 14 days. (we are relaxing this condition due to C19)
3. We allow 2kg of biscuit fired clay per person per session. If you use more than this a small charge, mainly to cover the cost of firing and glaze, will be made.
4. Please wear work clothes as clay can be messy, although it should wash out. We will provide you with an apron. Sensible flat shoes are also recommended.
5. We can only allow you to use the clay and glazes provided as others may not behave well when fired.
bottom of page